No heat under -18C (-1F).

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandman

Hello,

First, sorry for my English.

My Leaf is a 2016 SV. I bought this brand new from the Nissan Dealer.
Since day 1, I don't have any heat under -18C or -1F.
I dont talk about less performance of the heater, the heater not working. 0kw used.

In the last two years i did many visits at the dealer to fix it.
I still have de problem. The dealer explain me, I'm only still have 1 year of waranty.

If the car can't be fix from day 1, why should I pay after the waranty if theyre are not able th fix it ?

Thank for your help.

I agree with Leftie. Above 0F the heat-pump can provide heat. Colder than that and only the resistance heater will work. It sounds like the resistance heater is not being activated for some reason.

However, you were given suggestions on this problem here on this forum, back in January. Have you acted on these? If the dealers aren't helping you then you either need to contact Nissan directly and open a case, or take the problem to law. Do you have documentation from the previous dealership encounters? Also, where do you live?

I live near Montreal, Canada.

When the mechanic check the resistive heater, it's supposed to work fine.
But, he always check it in the garage at 72F.

From my part, I suspect a connection problem caused by the dilation of metal inside connectors. The connection is not good when it's very cold.

I took photos of the dashboard every time I have the problem and I bring it to the service.
For the first time, they sended to TechLine today.

I left my car to the dealer again today.
Note: I'm at the third dealer !!!

I have another problem I forgot to mention. Is the Recycle button. Its functionality is inverted.
Button ON = Outdoor air, OFF = Recycled air.
With this problem the AUTO button is useless.
They reset the configuration many times, the problem still.

I called Nissan many times.
The only one answer you can get from Nissan Canada is "Call your dealer", nothing else.

Next week, i have an appointment with a lawyer.

To test does PTC work:
crank heat to very high.
Switch on AC and HEAT button simultanously.
This will use heat pump to dry the air and PTC heater to warm it up.
It will work in garage as well.
Set fan speed to 4 bars so it gets really got if it actually works. And let it blow to the face vents.

Back