Leaf does not charge beyond 88SOC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristis

Hi, anyone knows what could be theproblem? I can nolonger achieve higher charge then 88% according to leaf spy. What gives?
2w7mq9k.jpg

Now i have managed so charged it to 90.1% SOC by repluging the cable and forcing it to charge on the app too, but it again stoped... Is there a fix for this? I need as much juice as i can get as i'm about to have a 400km trip (should be easy with normal car, but will be a challenge with this crap :D )

what charger are you using? the EVSE that came with the car? does leaf spy give any faults if you scan for codes under settings?

Don’t bother w/the % SoC in Leaf Spy. I don’t. Go by the dash display’s SoC %.

How many capacity bars are you down? What’s your SOH and Hx? How many gids are you seeing on a full charge?

this is a bit of a long shot and may be totally unrealted, since i'm experiencing problems that no-one else seem to have seen before and even the local tech at the dealer has no clue about...

one of the things i looked into when my charger was stopping randomly mid-charge was cooling issues. i ended up finding the coolant tank to be empty 2 weeks after the dealer replaced my PDM. i had to top it up, run the car, and then fill again before the liquid got to between the MIN and MAX levels. since the entire system contains about 5.3 litres of coolant i doubt it was actually empty because i added maybe a litre at the most. however, IF the charger was overheating then it *could* stop charge midway. there isn't a high temp warning nor coolant low sensor as far as i know for this part of the system (correct me if i'm wrong anyone). also from at least one source the car is actually supposed to operate fine without coolant (!??!) (see this for reference...)

unfortunately i still haven't figured what exactly is wrong with ours... the problem is intermittent, but super scary (car would lose power while driving, randomly IF we experience a premature charging stop :eek:). so i've bascially told Nissan to come and grab the car and deal with it, and don't even want to risk driving it down to the dealer while losing power on the way. i've also had enough arguing with the dealer about the fact that certain warranties may or may not apply to whatever part. post sales support for the vehicle seem to be quite poor in our area.

jt123 said:
unfortunately i still haven't figured what exactly is wrong with ours... the problem is intermittent, but super scary (car would lose power while driving, randomly IF we experience a premature charging stop :eek:)
IIRC, you're in Canada. You should report the bolded part to Transport Canada: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/reporting-defects-motor-vehicles.html. It may not help resolve your situation more quickly, but may help a larger set of Leaf drivers if there's an inherent defect/design flaw or a batch of Leafs that could have the same issue.

cwerdna said:
jt123 said:
unfortunately i still haven't figured what exactly is wrong with ours... the problem is intermittent, but super scary (car would lose power while driving, randomly IF we experience a premature charging stop :eek:)
IIRC, you're in Canada. You should report the bolded part to Transport Canada: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/reporting-defects-motor-vehicles.html. It may not help resolve your situation more quickly, but may help a larger set of Leaf drivers if there's an inherent defect/design flaw or a batch of Leafs that could have the same issue.

very good to know. thanks! (and sorry OP for slightly hijacking the original thread!)

Back