Radio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengate

AM and FM..(Sirius is OK,) has very poor reception until the radio has been on for about 10 minutes. Then it is OK.

This just started..any ideas?

My car is a '13 SL.

Sounds like the radio analog front end may be going out. Proper operation after a "warm up" period is a common failure indicator of analog electronics. At some point (days/weeks/months) it will "hard fail"...

Could possibly just be a bad antenna connection that improves as your car warms up. Try pre-heating your car and then see if the radio works right away or still needs 10-minute warm-up.

LeftieBiker said:
Yes, if you want to listen to it.
That's probably a $500 job.

Dealer charges $150 for a diagnosis..applied to the cost if I proceed.

Think I will cancel my service appointment..AM radio not worth that amount of money.

Does this have the standard radio or the upgraded Nav unit? Not familiar with the SL options or standards. Going aftermarket may be an option. Double DIN unit would fit within the Leaf and bring a few new features to your car.

dmbshn41 said:
Does this have the standard radio or the upgraded Nav unit? Not familiar with the SL options or standards. Going aftermarket may be an option. Double DIN unit would fit within the Leaf and bring a few new features to your car.

Aftermarket would lose a bunch of features, like charge timers.

dmbshn41 said:
Was standard for the SL at the time.
For an additional $1,000 it would be upgraded to a larger amp and a backup camera.

greengate said:
dmbshn41 said:
For an additional $1,000 it would be upgraded to a larger amp and a backup camera.
Correct. So far, all '11 thru '17 SV and SL come with a stereo that includes nav system.

In fact, on '11 and '12, the ONLY choice was the stereo w/nav. It wasn't until model year '13 that the S trim came out which include a cheaper stereo w/knobs and no nav.

I think the $1K that greengate is alluding to is the premium package (began being offered on model year '13) that includes a Bose stereo and speakers, subwoofer in trunk and the 4 camera Around View Monitor.

WetEV said:
dmbshn41 said:

I have an S, so I'm not familiar with some of these features. Does the charge timer work on a scheduled amount of time, or does it work based on a schedule? Is this feature not available via the dot matrix in the dash display?

cwerdna said:
greengate said:
dmbshn41 said:
Correct. So far, all '11 thru '17 SV and SL come with a stereo that includes nav system.

In fact, on '11 and '12, the ONLY choice was the stereo w/nav. It wasn't until model year '13 that the S trim came out which include a cheaper stereo w/knobs and no nav.

"I think the $1K that greengate is alluding to is the premium package (began being offered on model year '13) that includes a Bose stereo and speakers, subwoofer in trunk and the 4 camera Around View Monitor.
"

"Yes..that was the option."

dmbshn41 said:
WetEV said:
dmbshn41 said:

I have an S, so I'm not familiar with some of these features. Does the charge timer work on a scheduled amount of time, or does it work based on a schedule? Is this feature not available via the dot matrix in the dash display?
On the SV and SL, there are NO options nor functionality for the charging timer on the b&w dot matrix dash display. It would be redundant and the timer on the S has less functionality and is hard to set anyway.

Please see pages CH-21 to CH-24 of https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2013/2013-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf and 2-10 to 2-14 of https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2013/2013-LEAF-navigation-manual.pdf.

Back