Can't connect to the car to check the status. Worked 2 weeks ago.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi folks. We are away from our leaf right now. It is in our garage. I normally check it every couple weeks to see how the charge is. It has been holding around 62 percent. Now I am not able to connect. I get a message that says "unable to update vehicle status at this time". Normally what I do is I bring up the app and it always reads zero km and zero percent. Then I hit update and it jumps to the real status (62 percent two weeks ago). Anything I can do before we get back home. We have somebody at the house but not familiar with the leaf.

Thanks all.

The remote access hardware goes dormant after two weeks. I think the car must be powered on every two weeks to keep the EV Connect hardware active, but maybe a remote update is enough. The only way to wake up the remote access hardware after it goes dormant is to power on the car. I don't know if just turning on to Accessory is enough or if it must get to Ready Mode (foot on brake and push start).

GerryAZ said:
The remote access hardware goes dormant after two weeks. I think the car must be powered on every two weeks to keep the EV Connect hardware active, but maybe a remote update is enough. The only way to wake up the remote access hardware after it goes dormant is to power on the car. I don't know if just turning on to Accessory is enough or if it must get to Ready Mode (foot on brake and push start).

Thanks Gerry. That is very helpful. I don’t really need to check it. I was more worried about there being a problem. I think the car is at 62 percent so the vampire drain should be fine over the next 10 weeks.

Back