L3 qickcharge to L1 charge Problem. Not charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rxleaf

My first post here after lurking for more than a year.

I just finished a L3 quick charge at an EVgo charger. The charger would not stop after hitting the stop bar on the screen. The charger got stuck in the CHademo port. Long story short, I had to call customer service to reboot the charging station to fix this.

Now I drove the car home and plugged my car in. It's not charging. Could this be because the battery pack did not warm up evenly?

Sensors 1 and 2 are at 56.5 degrees. Sensors 4 is at 48.9 degrees.

I charged from 25 percent to 70 percent.

It's about 30 degrees outside.

My best guess is the battery gained about 8 to 10 degrees in 30 minutes.

I am assuming my battery will start charging once the pack cools off, evens out the temperature difference, or shunts power to even out the battery pack.

Is this a normal when going from a fast charge to a L1 charge, or is something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

2014 with 89% SOH. HX of 88.65. and 17,100 miles. Also the SOH has in raised from 84% to 89%.The car has been driven about 8,000 miles since March 17.

Are those temperatures F or C?

As far as I know the vehicle won't disable the main contactors unless the "temperature bars" exceed the red zone. That usually doesn't happen with just a single QC. When you say the QC "didn't stop", what was the battery percent when you finally got it rebooted? The car should step in and terminate the session when full. Might be worth viewing any error codes with LeafSpy.

Back