First Warranty Issue; Carwings Is Broken

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveinOlyWA

ok, i got my car home tuesday night, entered in carwings user name and pw. got error message that i needed to register an account. after a few days of trying, called Rairdon's who advised that a module needed to be activated first.

ok, well they are too far away to take back, so today i went to the Nissan dealer in Olympia. they were also unable to get it working. they enabled the module and carwings still did not work. they have escalated the issue to corporate which i had already done thursday so dont know what more can be done.

they hope to get back to me Monday night sometime because Carwings tech support is not available on weekends.

so, will keep you posted.

When we picked up our cars at Fontana, Carwings had a problem when we tried to put in our user names and passwords (that we got from the website). I think the error message said "no service". They upgraded the Carwings software on the car while we were going through finance and it worked when we get through.

I don't know if all the new LEAFs needed this upgrade, but ours did. Do you know if your Carwings was ever upgraded?

not a clue. i know the Olympia tech, tried a few different options.

but we shall see. i wonder if it cant be fixed if i could be comp'd the carwings subscription? what it worth? $10 a month? probably get a yearly sub for $80 or so?

anyone ever find out how much carwings would cost today?

I don't know what the cost is. It is free for 3 years and then we have to pay a subscription fee. They haven't said what it is yet, but soneone on the forum said in Japan they charge $40-50 per year for it...

well i would like carwings, but i guess i could live without it. hopefully it will be a quick fix. but i am thinking they will have to do some major module replacement and it will take weeks to get parts, etc.

oh well, it still drives ok

nope, never worked. it took so long at the dealer to get all the paperwork right (they still did not get it right) that it was too late that i just took it home, so it was never started and it looks like it would not have mattered because it was not the module as we first expected.

My CarWings basic functions work, and it even emails me when I do an update from a browser (an email saying that the update was successful). But I still have never received any notifications about charging having completed or having been unplugged.

I am wondering what the stickers on the door mean ... fixes applied to the car at Long Beach ? I think it might be useful to add the sticker #s everyone has to the main VIN/Delivery spreadsheeet. There may be a correlation to CarWings issues and/or #miles at delivery, etc. ( I'll cross post this in VIN thread. )

They tried that at dealer in ply. What is this with stickers on the door? Is there ones? I should check mine

I guess I don't have one. Have 2 but nothing distinctive about then. Just tire pressure stuff

DaveinOlyWA said:
They tried that at dealer in ply. What is this with stickers on the door? Is there ones? I should check mine

I guess I don't have one. Have 2 but nothing distinctive about then. Just tire pressure stuff
See here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2315

ok got carwings fixed....i guess. now how do i access it from my computer?

nm, i got it. website a bit slow. its coming up now. finally get to see what everyone is raving about

That's great news, Dave! How'd they (or you) fix it? I don't think Carwings is really worth a rave, but I do like the ability to check SOC and plug in status. The miles/kwh competition looks a little unrealistic.

One morning when I had accidentally turned off the charging timer, it was nice to turn on charging with my cell phone, while I was still in bed.

-Karl

Karl:
Have you clicked on the "the new owner" at the bottom of the page with the upside-down yellow rain-drop looking symbol ? (Wait for a pop-up window ...)
If no window pops up using IE try FireFox.

Yes; that's the only reliable way I've found to get into the comparison part of Carwings. What I'm saying is that I don't believe the miles/kwh numbers shown in the international "competition". Only reason I go there anymore is to see how many LEAF owners have made it into Carwings. My car says I'm averaging 4.0 mi/kwh; Carwings tonight says 4.8. And it was up to 5.1 for a while. And it lost my first 85 mile trip home, although it shows a couple of on/off events later that same day.

i fixed it by going all the way up to Carwings. and it boils down to someone at Carwings not entering info in correctly.

so they cancelled my account. re-registered a new one. the only thing that changed was the password when the old one was verified to be correct. i then logged in and in less than 5 minutes everything was working.

Nissan tech was guessing that Carwings entered the VIN wrong. (i guess they went to same training as my insurance company!! LOL)

now that i have had such a late start, is there a printed manual i should have gotten. Tech mentioned that, but i did not get anything that had carwings on it.

can i download the manual somewhere?

DaveinOlyWA said:
now that i have had such a late start, is there a printed manual i should have gotten. Tech mentioned that, but i did not get anything that had carwings on it.

There is no printed literature on Carwings directly aimed at owners (other than what is in the standard set of manuals). Perhaps he's thinking of the Nissan dealer document "Using Carwings"? I have a digital copy at work I can post later.

Edit: Actually, it's here:

http://www.digitaltuning.com/xd9/carwings_1-12.pdf

mwalsh said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

There is no printed literature on Carwings directly aimed at owners (other than what is in the standard set of manuals). Perhaps he's thinking of the Nissan dealer document "Using Carwings"? I have a digital copy at work I can post later.

Edit: Actually, it's here:

http://www.digitaltuning.com/xd9/carwings_1-12.pdf

i guess am i asking what "standard set?" is is labeled something other than "carwings" because the Nissan tech definitely said i should have one. now, i can also say that Nissan's relationship with Carwings is not very close. i ended up at tier 3 tech support after they figured out i knew what i was doing (job description for tier one tech; assume customer knows nothing and educate) and they could only email carwings as they had no telephone tech support.

but thanks for link. i prefer electronic paper anyways!

another thread topic; for a green company, Nissan needs to reevaluate the manuals they hand out. the Leaf manuals weigh more than twice the 2010 Prius manuals.

Back