Loud Noise for 40 minutes?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablotzvir

Hello everyone! I've read all I could find in the forum but couldn't find anyone describe what I've been encountering.
I notice when I turn my car off a very loud fan sound will run. It's 65 degrees Fahrenheit or about 17 Celsius so I assume it's too warm for the battery warmer to turn on? Just wondering what the sound may be and of its normal? I've not used the climate control at all today so not sure why fan would run after turning off. It also turns off when I open a car door, but will resume shortly after. It ran for almost 40 minutes straight before finally shutting off.

there is a fan that runs if the radiator needs help controlling temps. I would check to see if the water pump is operating because that does not seem likely

Could be a coolant temperature sensor problem: Maybe the computer believes the coolant is hot (when it isn't) and runs the fan and water pump to cool it. I don't know where the sensor is (or sensors are) in the Leaf, but all ICE cars have at least one, and they can fail, though it isn't common.

I had a second place/franchise of the same company look into my drls as they were staying on while charging the Leaf... First place hooked them up wrong. It seems that since the second place did it properly, the loud fan noise has totally gone away. Just wanted to post an update and thank you all for responding!

i had a defective coolant temperatur sensor wich lead to permanent radiator fan ON 100%

see this thread to learn how to change this sensor :
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=25000

Back