OBD2 not Working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WigWoo1

The heater in my Nissan Leaf 2013 is not working and I took it to autozone and o'reilly auto parts and every OBD2 scanner I try keeps coming up with Connection errors and not working. Does this car need a specific scanner to work

WigWoo1 said:
The heater in my Nissan Leaf 2013 is not working and I took it to autozone and o'reilly auto parts and every OBD2 scanner I try keeps coming up with Connection errors and not working. Does this car need a specific scanner to work

It needs the Nissan Consult scanner used by the Nissan Dealer. It does not output standard OBDII code messages. Using Leaf Spy Pro and the proper bluetooth or wifi OBD dongle, you can read and reset the error messages.

baustin said:
Using Leaf Spy Pro and the proper bluetooth or wifi OBD dongle, you can read and reset the error messages.

What do you mean by "proper" OBD dongle? Will most of them work once they are paired with Leaf Spy?

Have any more specific recommendations for a wifi scanner that will function properly with Leaf Spy? I'm seeing a lot on Amazon that specifically say they are not compatible with the Leaf or other EVs. . .

Menindorf said:
baustin said:
Using Leaf Spy Pro and the proper bluetooth or wifi OBD dongle, you can read and reset the error messages.

What do you mean by "proper" OBD dongle? Will most of them work once they are paired with Leaf Spy?

Have any more specific recommendations for a wifi scanner that will function properly with Leaf Spy? I'm seeing a lot on Amazon that specifically say they are not compatible with the Leaf or other EVs. . .
There are plenty of dongles that do NOT work with Leaf Spy. Who knows what criteria Amazon or the seller is using? I wouldn't bother depending on it.

Why wifi? What phone/tablet OS are you planning to run Leaf Spy on?

For iOS, the author (Turbo3) doesn't recommend wifi adapters: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=525414#p525414.

Back