smells bad

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarr

i went to a nissan dealer today - looking at pre-owned

when i opened up 3 of the cars surprisingly the interiors smelled bad - stale light smoke smell plus seats (cloth) dirty

bit like a cheap hotel room before the smoking ban

question - how is it possible to get rid of smoke smell and make the whole interior clean and fragrant ?

p

LeftieBiker said:
Some might suggest Febreeze (sp?), but all that stuff does is make the area stink of Febreeze instead.

It depends upon your sensitivity to Febreeze. Years ago (soon after Febreeze first became available) we had a car at work with cloth interior. A temporary employee used it for 3 or 4 months and smoked in it even though we told him not to. After he left, neither my boss nor I (both non-smokers) could stand to drive it long distance. In desperation, I bought several bottles of Febreeze and sprayed it liberally on all of the cloth surfaces and in the air. I also wiped down the plastic with plastic cleaner (and thoroughly cleaned the ash tray). It took a couple of treatments, but it was like a new car after that.

I rented a car once that had a faint smell of cigarettes. I stopped by a grocery store and bought two boxes of baking soda (about a buck total for two). I opened them up and left them inside the car. They were the "Fridge & Freezer" kind where the sides open up. It was much better the next day, and we couldn't detect any cigarette smell at all by the end of the week.
maxresdefault.jpg

Back