ESC Warning light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rktennis

2011 Leaf with 48k miles on it. I'm getting the ESC warning light on. It seems like when I'm taking a right turn slightly fast, the emergency brake light lights up, then goes off. The ESC light and warning (yellow) comes on as well and stays on until turning off the car. It disappears after turning the car on. It is NOT the ESC Off lamp that is lighting up. Any advice?

Interesting.

If working properly, the ESC light illuminates when the system detects a loss of traction. On a front-wheel drive car, like the LEAF, a fast right turn will cause the right front tire to lose traction when accelerating hard. You mentioned the emergency brake light, too, which could mean the sensor for the right rear wheel is causing problems.

Either way, you need to get this looked at by the dealer. It could affect your ABS as well as traction control, so this could become a safety issue.

Any resolution? I'm having this exact problem with my '15 LEAF S, except it's when I go around left hand corners hard.

Back