P3141 On-board charger fault

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stradivaria

Hi,

I have a problem with my Leaf 2012.
It is charging 5-6 minutes and stops. I read faults it is P3141. I have changed charger, but it did not helped. It is still charging 5 minutes and shoots down.

Does any had the same fault code?

Any ideas?

Not much help, but this manual gives the diagnostic procedure for P3141:

https://ownersmanuals2.com/get/nissan-leaf-2012-repair-manual-ev-control-system-section-evc-43055

Just search for that code within the PDF

stradivaria said:
Hi,

I have a problem with my Leaf 2012.
It is charging 5-6 minutes and stops. I read faults it is P3141. I have changed charger, but it did not helped. It is still charging 5 minutes and shoots down.

Does any had the same fault code?

Any ideas?
2016 Manual P3141 states : " The charge insulation resistance loss protection control is repeated more than the specified number of times "
Possible cause PDM.
Maybe get lucky and find a bad connector?
Assuming you changed the EVSE not the charger, the charger is actually in the PDM.

For a 2012(which does not have a PDM), I could not find a P3141 in the service
manual. If you read the DTC from LeafSpy, it typically gives the section and page
in the service manual for the DTC. I wonder what section it gave.

It is 2012 model, with charger in the back.

I have all manuals, did all measurements what is written in it. It did not helped to find the fault.

Doers anybody experience with J/B box isolation issue?

Unplug and replug J1772 connector pigtail under the hood. There's a big orange one for power and a small black one for proximity and pilot. Make sure the little one is firmly seated.

cliff said:
stradivaria said:
did all measurements what is written in it.
But since there is no P3141 in the manual, there are no measurements to
take. So what measurements did you take?

All data reading for isolation fault, also AC compressor, Heater, Motor ISO measurements with Megaometer.

JeremyW said:
Unplug and re plug J1772 connector pigtail under the hood. There's a big orange one for power and a small black one for proximity and pilot. Make sure the little one is firmly seated.

It did not helped....

Any other ideas?

By the manual, fault might be : DC/DC, heater, Ac compressor, Motor ...
All devices connected to the HV net.
I unplug all the devices, it do not help.

Out of curiosity - can you use the quick charge port and continue to operate with the DTC thrown? If you can, I'd consider the Setec Power QC charger (10kw rating) that does not require use of the on-board charger - and for us 2012 Leaf owners that are limited to 3.3KW, this unit will allow up to 30 amps of AC charging - up to 7200 VA for me!

There is another series of posts on a similar issue:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24138

Marktm said:
Out of curiosity - can you use the quick charge port and continue to operate with the DTC thrown? If you can, I'd consider the Setec Power QC charger (10kw rating) that does not require use of the on-board charger - and for us 2012 Leaf owners that are limited to 3.3KW, this unit will allow up to 30 amps of AC charging - up to 7200 VA for me!

There is another series of posts on a similar issue:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24138

It get this fault only with normal charger, quick charging works fine.

I reset parameters in charger and JB, it charge the car without fault 2 or 3 times and fault starts.

It is 2012 model, it is not the same structure like in 2013....

Back