Multiple speakers failed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets2sell

Hi,

Strange thing, turned on my radio to find only 1 speaker (left rear) working and the two front tweeters. Car still under bumper to bumper thru November, but has anyone had this happen? BTW I don't play it that loud ;)

2015 Leaf SV with Nav.

Chuck

No audio problems with my 2015 SL (Bose system) in over 2 years and 42k miles. Also, I had no problems with the audio system in the 2011 in 3-1/2 years except the speakers were really marginal from the beginning. I planned to replace them, but had to replace the whole car instead. The Bose system in the 2015 sounds MUCH better.

My leased '13 SV w/both packages had no probs w/its Bose stereo in the 2 years I had it. My current used '13 SV w/premium only (so also Bose stereo) works perfectly. The car was buit in 5/2013 and had an in-service date of near end of 6/2013.

I briefly heard the Bose vs. the standard stereo in the SV when I originally leased. The Bose was easily better and although I'm not fan of Bose the company nor its products (far from it), I'm enjoying the stereo in my Leaf.

The Bose system doesn't sound vastly better than the base system - until you go into the audio menu and adjust the bass and treble to your taste. Then it's clearly superior. Not audiophile quality, but all a non-basshead needs for driving.

To the original poster... sounds like the rear plug has popped out?? Definitely a warrantee thing..

I have the standard S radio, and it sounds great for what it is... I have a BOSE stereo in my Mazda Miata, and it sounds "commonly" good, like the Leaf.

Over the years, I have come to not care about "audiophile sound" in my car. What good is audiophile sound, when there is road noise, heater/a/c noise, open window wind and environment noise, and people talking in the car??

gadgets2sell said:
Hi,

Strange thing, turned on my radio to find only 1 speaker (left rear) working and the two front tweeters. Car still under bumper to bumper thru November, but has anyone had this happen? BTW I don't play it that loud ;)

2015 Leaf SV with Nav.

Chuck

The chance that multiple speakers failed is very slim. The speakers themselves are probably fine, It's probably something inputting audio signals to them that's the problem.

John Kuthe...

Well today the Nissan dealer reports that 3 speakers are bad, that seems very strange indeed.
Since its under warranty i"ll wait for the replacements to see what happens.

I report what the outcome is.

Thanks

Chuck

gadgets2sell said:
Well today the Nissan dealer reports that 3 speakers are bad, that seems very strange indeed.
Since its under warranty i"ll wait for the replacements to see what happens.

I report what the outcome is.

Thanks

Chuck

VERY weird especially because you said I believe that you were not "cranking it", right?

John Kuthe...

Hmm. I recently experienced a similar problem in one of my ICE vehicles. The problem? A mouse had chewed through 3 of 4 speaker wires. A PITA to fix.

Back