What is shutting off the electric window controls on my 2013 Nissan Leaf??!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a button to lock out the window controls, to stop children from climbing out the windows, IIRC. Check to see if that's in the "engaged" position.

LeftieBiker said:
There is a button to lock out the window controls, to stop children from climbing out the windows, IIRC. Check to see if that's in the "engaged" position.

Any idea where it is? It WAS working, and now it's down about a 1.2 inch and I can't get it to move.

I figured it was such a "feature"! I do not like cars that protect me from myself. This damn thing has too many buttons! Just about anywhere I touch I screw something up! :-(

John Kuthe...

window-lock.png
Try "window lock button". I'm pretty sure every single Japanese car I've ever had (going back to a 91 Camry) has had such an equivalent. This would also include my 06 Prius, my former 2-door 04 Nissan 350Z and 02 Nissan Maxima. (I just confirmed via the manuals in the last 2.)

The 4th gen (IIRC, would span '95 to '99 model year) Nissan Maxima of someone I was dating long ago also had such switch. She also thought her power windows stopped working until I pushed the window lock button.

cwerdna said:

Try "window lock button". I'm pretty sure every single Japanese car I've ever had (going back to a 91 Camry) has had such an equivalent. This would also include my 06 Prius, my former 2-door 04 Nissan 350Z and 02 Nissan Maxima. (I just confirmed via the manuals in the last 2.)

The 4th gen (IIRC, would span '95 to '99 model year) Nissan Maxima of someone I was dating long ago also had such switch. She also thought her power windows stopped working until I pushed the window lock button.

Thank you!! I will try that!!

Too damn many BUTTONS! Like I said, everything I touch in my Leaf seems to break something! :-( I hate this!!

Editing: THANK YOU!! What a STUPID place to put a "lock power windows out of operation" button!! Right where one is clawing around in the dark trying to figure out what happened to MY POWER WINDOWS!! [REDACTED] IDIOT engineers!

John Kuthe...

[MOD NOTE: Please refrain from excessive swearing.]

LeftieBiker said:
That's the button, and I experienced the same thing in my first year.

That's a really stupid place to put that button! Right where you;'re desperately trying to claw around and get the electric windows to work! What if your Leaf's windows are down and it starts raining AND you do not know about this window locking button? [REDACTED]! :-(

[MOD NOTE: Please refrain from excessive swearing.]

My LEAF is the first vehicle I've had that locks all the window controls including those for the driver. Other vehicles I've had from several different domestic and foreign manufacturers all had window contol locks but these only cut power to the passenger and back seat controls, not affecting the driver controls regardless of locked or unlocked position. Personally, that is a more sensible approach to me and I wish my LEAF could be re-programmed to not lock out the driver controls.

Back