Open/tilt button not opening the navigation screen to access the CD slot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScorpioLeaf

I have 2013 Leaf SV leased in March 2014. I usually don't use CD player or tilt the navigation screen. I tried to open the CD player today by pressing the open button but the screen just tilts up a little bit and then goes back flush, doesn't open completely.

Tried long press to see if the tilt works and it only works in 1 or 2 position, I think there are 3 tilt positions. Tried searching on forums/google but couldn't find anything.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? Is this covered under 3 year warranty?

Thanks.

I had a similar issue with mine - try to open and it would open part way then close. Wouldn't stay open.

It was hitting resistance and closing.

The resistance was the cover for the SD cards on the right side of the unit was unlatched/partially open. I had to somehow stop it part way open, I didn't pull a fuse so not sure what I did. Anyhow, I had to get something up behind the screen to hold the SD cover down, then it opened.

Once the screen was open, I put electrical tape over the SD card cover so it won't happen again.

Hopefully yours is under warranty. Should be covered by 3yr/36k mile

Back