Wall unit reads error after charging, no code in car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mskiin

So I have been dealing with an intermittent problem of the car faulting the wall unit out after fully charging or almost fully charged. It happens at work at the GE EV charge stations and at home on my bosche wall unit. The error on the GE station says

"Indicates and unknown/illegal pilot transition state detected by the controller coming from the car. Note: some vehicles may not comply with the sae j1772 standard and go directly from state A to state C."

It seems to happen with colder tempratures. A secondary accessory could be faulting the charger? What pulls power from the wall after the car is charged if anything?

I have taken this car too the dealer multiple times, had the software update and they still cant find the problem. My warranty is up in 8k miles and dont want to be stuck with an expensive repair just because its intermittent. Thanks.

mskiin said:
My warranty is up in 8k miles and dont want to be stuck with an expensive repair just because its intermittent. Thanks.
When was your original in-service date? OBC is covered by 5 year/60K warranty. See your warranty booklet.

Back