Leaf Spy Not Working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikki

I've got 2015 S and i'm trying to get Leaf Spy working. I have the Konnwei adapter that's recommended by the software but I can't get it to sync up with the car. The adapter seems to be ok. I can pair my phone with it and it looks like it's attempting to communicate with the car. I've used it with the Torque app in an Accura, although it didn't work in my VW.

Is there anything to do other than select the adapter that i'm missing, or maybe it's a bad adapter? Alternatively an anyone recommend another adapter? I have another one, but Leaf Spy complains that it's not ELM 2.0.

Thanks!

I'm on android 7.0.

I got the Konnwei 902. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q5YRC4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I borrowed another adapter from a friend and it works fine.

Guess I'll see if I can find another one. Anyone have any recommendations?

iNNEXT KONNWEI KW902 is junk, plugged it into my 2013 leaf, and it kept blinking the malfunction "T/M System Malfunction" never got the Leaf Spy to connect but it did recognize the bluetooth,,,

also I now have a warning code about the ""I-Key error message""" that wasnt there before,,,

My leaf was perfect before no problems, until I plugged the scanner in, just to do battery monitoring, now I've got a code

MatthewGMorgan said:
iNNEXT KONNWEI KW902 is junk, plugged it into my 2013 leaf, and it kept blinking the malfunction "T/M System Malfunction" never got the Leaf Spy to connect but it did recognize the bluetooth,,,

also I now have a warning code about the ""I-Key error message""" that wasnt there before,,,

My leaf was perfect before no problems, until I plugged the scanner in, just to do battery monitoring, now I've got a code
Mine just did that too, exactly. what did you do?

jtpechacek said:
MatthewGMorgan said:

Mine just did that too, exactly. what did you do?
Likely due to this discovery: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23776.

Back