Bluetooth Pairing Problems with two Phones

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamgtwins

My wife and I each have iPhones (6+ and 6S). From scratch (both on phone and car), we pair our phones. Things seem to work ok the first use. Then when the other person gets in the car: 1. the phone doesn't pair at all 2. I go to my iPhone BT settings and manually pair to the Leaf. 3. Within a few minutes the phone unpairs. Turning on and off Bluetooth once doesn't help, but after doing it a few times, eventually the phone will connect (about 20 minutes into my drive). Then, if the other person tries to pair, the same thing happens.

Also, more than 50% of the time I cannot answer the phone if it rings. If you tap "accept" on the phone, there is no audio and the person on the other end cannot hear you. Then, the phone completely disconnects from Bluetooth.

The Leaf is a 2015 and has pretty much done this from brand new. I got the recall notice about 3G being replaced, but not the second notice. Anyone know if the upgrade to 4G for Carwings helps this situation? Anyone have similar problems?

BTW, both phones work perfectly in our 2016 Acura MDX.

Any help is much appreciated.

Our 15 does similar. If we're both in the car and one of us leaves, it says lost connection, and never tries to connect to the other user.
Our previous Nissans did that exceptionally well.

I spoke to a manager at the Dealership and they want me to bring the car in and they will call Nissan USA corporate HQ and try to troubleshoot. I will let you know how it goes.

I have similar problems in my 2012. It pairs to my Motorola Droid Turbo II fine. However, when my wife takes the car, she pairs it with her iphone. This causes the car to no longer pair with my phone even though it is still listed. Her phone works fine. Basically, I have to delete her phone, and then everything is back to normal.

The CarWings 3G upgrade has nothing to do with BlueTooth (and there is no 4G upgrade).

In my experience, the car will only connect with the lowest-numbered phone in it's list of paired devices. If more than one phone is in the car, it will only connect with the lower numbered device (#1 wins over #2). If you want to use a lower-priority device, you need to turn off BlueTooth on the higher-priority device first. I've only done this once when playing audio from a phone and vaguely remember it working. We may have had to pull over to manually tell the car to connect; I don't remember.

Back