Stopped Beeping for Lock and Unlock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Just noticed that our 16 LEAF is no longer Beeping when I push the lock/unlock button on the door or trunk. Did I shut this off somewhere??

Thanks.

Glad you got it solved. But... You didn't enjoy it being off?

One of the first moves I made was to read the manual and then silence that feature in the car... The blinking lights annunciation are fine to see what's going on and I can come and go and not make noise.

JimSouCal said:
Glad you got it solved. But... You didn't enjoy it being off?

One of the first moves I made was to read the manual and then silence that feature in the car... The blinking lights annunciation are fine to see what's going on and I can come and go and not make noise.

Well, from a fellow noise-o-phobe, I get what you mean, and I hate it that some cars honk when locking and unlocking (sometimes when I'm trying to sleep). Go to bed early in a campground, and you'll get a continuous honk lullaby.

OTOH, I'm a big believer in feedback. Maybe when we're used to the car more I'll switch it off.

I realize now how it happened: I sat on the key fob (and it's rubber protector). Yesterday I got in the car and it started beeping continuously with the lights flashing. I was sitting on the FOB.

PianoAl said:
OTOH, I'm a big believer in feedback. Maybe when we're used to the car more I'll switch it off.

I realize now how it happened: I sat on the key fob (and it's rubber protector). Yesterday I got in the car and it started beeping continuously with the lights flashing. I was sitting on the FOB.
I've set my auto panic alarm off doing that...knowing how something happened is comforting, rather than thinking the car is doing stuff on it's own...

Regarding feedback, the lights still flash... By the way, I believe Porsche's default to silent flashing lights and one has to mod for the horn... Even the intrusion alarm on the Porsche is short, but the lights blink until reset...

OTOH some of the SUVs are quite loud on and off horns... In contrast, I like moving in stealth. The LEAF is stealthy and sorta quick at least off the line where it counts... :)

May you enjoy your LEAF...

Back