Skipping CD Player

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthettich

Hi All,
New to the forum-- nice to meet you!

My 2013 leaf s with charge package has developed a problem playing back CDs! The player is skipping and lagging when I try to play anything. Sometimes, it seems to be fine for a while and then it stops playback and begins skipping. There is also audible noise and distortion when this happens. Any thoughts? Anyone experience anything similar? Any tricks I should try?

Thanks! :D

Matt

No, but if you're still under warranty, you'd better get it fixed before it expires.

(I tried out the CD player for the 1st time in my used '13 Leaf before the warranty expired. Was working fine.)

That happend to me with a different rig-- blew it out with an air compressor and it worked fine after that. The same fix did not work on dvd player.

Maybe get a "CD cleaner disc", and insert the disc that has a tiny cleaning brush on the surface, if skipping happens with all CDs. The optical head can get dirty and won't follow tracks... If it's mechanical, then it's a repair... Not sure what risks there are with the disc but I've tried it on CD player of all kinds with no harm done.. Good luck--my macbook had this happening and a clean put me back in business....

Back