Nissan Leaf Wiper Blades: Part Numbers and Compilation from Forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brycenesbitt

This is a compilation of information drawn from the forums and original research. Message me if you wish to see this post updated. Last update January 2019.

For the factory OEM Nissan wipers for the 2011-2014 Leaf:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Honda 76622-STK-A02
  • Nissan 288951AA0A

Front Passenger Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-085 (400mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Nissan 288951AA1A
  • Honda 76632STKA02

Rear:
Nissan part #287801LA0A (arm, blade and rubber all as one unit)
Compatible inserts:
  • Generic wiper rubber refill 6mm wide and 260mm long (about 10 inches).
  • Honda 76632S2K004 (trim to fit, reuse the same metal strips)
  • Trico 10-1 (throw away the blade, keep the rubber)
  • Denso (160-5610) (Includes blade)

If you need new arms, or your factory leaf arms are long gone:
  • Nissan B889UHS26JNW (entire blade value series)
  • Nissan B87Y3RB10JNW (entire blade value series)

To remove the front and rear wipers: grasp the attachment point and find the plastic clip on the underside. Hold the clip open and push.
To remove the rear wiper rubber, just pull it out gently. To remove the entire rear arm requires tools, and is a bigger deal.

For aftermarket wipers:
Many have reported errors in various wiper fit guides: apparently the Leaf does not sell in high enough volumes that all vendors have corrected their guides. The Leaf uses a standard hook mount, so standard third party wipers do fit. However the stock blades use an offset mount, and some third party blades will scrape against the wiper arm and not press against the glass properly.

Forum members have reported good success with the Bosch Icon models 16A and 26A, but because of the lack of offset, about 1" less of the visible window area gets cleared.

Aftermarket wiper refills:
Leaf owners probably as a group prefer refills to throwing away the entire frame. Unfortunately wiper inserts are hard to find. Trico makes them, but few stores stock them. offers refills for most but not all their frames.

See also: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10375

Thanks al lot for the summary. Although I don't mind reading thrue a full thread I love these conclusive posts :)

Nevertheless I was wondering if you could reveal the source for using the Honda 76632-SWA-J02 wiper refill.

When I looked up this refill I noticed they are 425mm in length, not as the 400mm on the Nissan LEAF. So do you have found any experience with these 425mm Honda refills on the Leaf? Especially as the Honda refills do not come with the metal strips (and therefore even a bit cheaper) you need to reuse those from the Leaf...

There are quite some 400mm Honda refills around for Mitsuba blades, but not sure if they match the correct layout etc. (i.e. 76632STKA02).

I will be in the US for the next two weeks and want to bring back some OEM wiper refills as they are only like 30% of the prices charged in Europe :D

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:

Honda 76622-STK-A02
Nissan 288951AA0A

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-085 (400mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:

Honda 76632-SWA-J02
Nissan 288951AA1A

Is the second one actually the "Front Passenger Side"?

@ LeftieBiker: I assume that's indeed a typo.

Is there anyone who has experience with the Honda partnumbers or knows a reference for interchangability with the Mitsuba partnumbers?

Especially for the smaller 400mm passenger side?

Honda 76632-SWA-J02 was incorrect (the Honda is the same Mitsuba part number but 425 not 400mm long).
Honda 76622-STK-A002 is correct (just installed one).
Denso (160-5610) might fit, but the pictures online don't look like it will.
For the rear just about any generic refill blade over 10" long works. I just cut a slightly longer Honda model down, cutting it slightly longer than the factory blade so it fit better. The metal strips are only secured at one end, but that seems to not be a problem.

brycenesbitt said:

Honda 76632-SWA-J02 was incorrect (the Honda is the same Mitsuba part number but 425 not 400mm long).
Honda 76622-STK-A002 is correct (just installed one).
Denso (160-5610) might fit, but the pictures online don't look like it will.
For the rear just about any generic refill blade over 10" long works. I just cut a slightly longer Honda model down, cutting it slightly longer than the factory blade so it fit better. The metal strips are only secured at one end, but that seems to not be a problem.

As I reported in one of the other threads on wiper blades, the Denso (160-5610) was a perfect fit on my 2013 SV rear window, and an identical match for the unit it replaced.

I just received my Denso blade (I got it for $9 shipped, and it arrived in two days, in a gigantic box) and am trying to decide if I want to risk breaking the old one and damaging the arm trying to remove it. Maybe I'll wait a while longer...

LeftieBiker said:
I just received my Denso blade (I got it for $9 shipped, and it arrived in two days, in a gigantic box) and am trying to decide if I want to risk breaking the old one and damaging the arm trying to remove it. Maybe I'll wait a while longer...

Mine arrived the same way, in a very large box. It was a little more effort than changing the front ones, but the rear one was easy enough to replace. I can't remember for sure now, but I think the blade has to be rolled around so it is facing away from the window to make the swap.

Verified. Honda 76632-STK-A02 is an exact fit for the stock Nissan leaf driver side wiper: I just installed one. It is marked 400mm.

This thread was gold for me today. I had to call 3 different dealerships since the first two (rudely) told me they only sell the blade, not the insert refills, so I would have to pay $30 per instead of $10 per each one. I was ready to buy the Honda refills, but decided to call a third dealership and ask if they had the part numbers mentioned above in stock. Sure enough they did carry them, and I was able to buy the fronts (decided not to replace the rear at this time). Thank you for posting the refill part numbers!!!

@DesertSprings - according to these reviews on Amazon both (76632-STK-A02 and 76622-STK-A02) fit a 2015 Leaf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1MQV0QCLTV48C/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00BFDFHWC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2BMPPNY34L4MJ/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00BFDG118

I can confirm Bosch H250 10" wiper is a perfect fit replacement for the rear wiper (at least on my 2013 SV). It costs around $10Cdn on ebay.

Chiv.

I can confirm this Trico 10-B 10" rear wiper works great for a Leaf, it's the correct ROC3 mount like the Denso 160-5610, oh the Trico cost me $9.16 for the second one, the first ordered a couple weeks earlier was $10.89.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K09SPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link to a site that explains how to change the rear wiper:
http://yortch.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-replace-nissan-leaf-rear-wiper.html

OK, I'm feeling dumb... I purchased the Honda wiper insert refills referenced in this thread but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the old inserts out of the blades? Help!

Back