Passenger/Driver Reclining Mechanism covered by warranty?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be covered by the 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty. Wear items are things like upholstery, wiper blades, and brake linings (although Leaf brake linings last a long time). What is wrong with the reclining mechanism?

Gerry

Hi gerry,

Sorry for the late reply. When I recline the passenger side chair all the way back it makes a nasty sound after you let it go. It makes me wonder if that is normal. It almost sounds like the gear is snapping back into place. It might just be me. It still works just fine :( When it comes down to warranty claims its best to wait till it just down right breaks otherwise you can get hit by an 'evaluation fee' right?

This really should be in your extended warranty topic, or some other existing one. Anyway, you may be hearing the normal sound of a spring in the mechanism recoiling.

Assuming "1 May 2013" is your car's actual in-service date, it's a moot question as your bumper-to-bumper warranty expired 10 days ago, assuming the car didn't rack up 36k miles before then. EDIT: I just realized the original posting date, but even if you brought your car in on the same day you created this thread, I don't know of any Nissan dealer service department that works on Sundays (which May 1 2016 was).

I agree with Leftie, it sounds like the spring latching into one of the ratches in the mechanism.

Back