Unable to activate XM radio in 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

Sirius/XM had no trouble taking my payment, but can't seem to figure out how to turn on their service.

Anyone else have this problem, and been able to resolve?

4/18 edit:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Long story short, just because you have had XM reception in the past, do not assume they still have your correct radio #, which can be found by entering channel 0.

I never had a problem with the 2011 or 2015 activating or renewing the XM radio service. I did have an issue renewing the XM traffic on the 2015 at the end of the 3-month trial. The representatives said I could only get XM radio because the car could not receive the traffic information. I had to explain that it was receiving traffic information fine until the trial subscription expired. I also had to show them where to find on their web site that the Leaf SL was equipped for traffic subscription.

You could enter channel 0 using the numeric keypad on the screen, but the subscription should activate as long as the receiver gets a signal. It could take several minutes for the activation process to complete after the radio starts receiving data.

Gerry

I once had to call xm/sirius to get them to resend the signal back to the receiver. Also to make sure the receiver ID was entered correctly by the agent. I think if I remember correctly, I had to channel back to 00 or 01 while they resent the signal, then it started working. Hope that helps.

Sparkie said:
I once had to call xm/sirius to get them to resend the signal back to the receiver. Also to make sure the receiver ID was entered correctly by the agent. I think if I remember correctly, I had to channel back to 00 or 01 while they resent the signal, then it started working. Hope that helps.
Thanks,

From my edited OP:

...Long story short, just because you have had XM reception in the past, do not assume they still have your correct radio (ID), which can be found by entering channel 0.

Back