Need help with missing Nav SD card, outside US

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micro0me

Hello All

you may remember me , iam the only leafer in my country , i post a topic before and and I really appreciate your help , this time a have a bigger problem , it seems that EVSE didnt stolen alone from my car during shipping , they stole my navigation SD card ! , as you know , iam alone here , my nissan dealer here also dosnt know about this too , i search the forum here about this issue . i found that the ebays card will not work on my car , because i need the card that made for my car only , no , i have no radio , no zeroemsion screen , i dont want the navigation , it will not works here anyway , i just want the normal stuff that any car has , so what do you think guys ? what should i do in this cause , the car outside US , i figured that i need 3 things to buy it online , the serial number the model number and the Confirmation number . how can i find those numbers , and if i did , what should i do ? can i run the cars in any way without that card ?

iam sorry for much asking , but you are only friend that can help me out .

thanks

The most default thing seems the confirmation code , can any one help me getting it please, iam stuck with no sd card screen

If you could change the title of your thread, that would help. Maybe something like: "Need help with missing Nav SD card, outside US". I'm sorry I don't have much help otherwise. I think I remember threads where it was mentioned that the SD card could be ordered from a dealer with the correct information. Hopefuly you can get help.

Firetruck41 said:
If you could change the title of your thread, that would help. Maybe something like: "Need help with missing Nav SD card, outside US". I'm sorry I don't have much help otherwise. I think I remember threads where it was mentioned that the SD card could be ordered from a dealer with the correct information. Hopefuly you can get help.
You are right, I will now

I had a lost SD-card in a car imported from US to Europe. It was damaged.
I got a new card from Chris Cantrell at courtesyparts.com.
In august the price was U$D350.
The username in the email-address of Chris is: ccantrell
You have to provide him set, serial number and vin.

When you get the working card, my advice is to read the confirmation code, and take care of it. With this number, you can get a new card for cheaper price, the next time the card is lost.

My guess is that the EVSE and SD card are not stolen:
Most of the Leafs in US are leased out. Then they are sold at wholesale auctions to the dealers. Usually the auctions keep the SD-card and EVSE in the office, and they might be shipped separate from the car. The shipping company, and any dealer that buy the car, really has to make sure they get the EVSE and SD-card, and they have to make appointment for handover from the auction.
My advice is to ask the seller of the car, for the EVSE and the SD-card.
If you ship any Leaf from US, my advice is to use Oceania shipping: They take care of everything, and ship the SD-card and evse separate from the car. The SD-card might be shipped with the Title, or lost in any office.
If you manage to track the original evse, and you need 240V upgrade, you can send it to evseupgrade.com.

Hello there ;

my original Nav SD card stolen from my car during shipping , fortunately , i have the confirmation code , to buy an updated SD card from nissan online , you need the model number , serial number and the confirmation code , i have those all numbers , but today , they put a note in the website "Please note: you must have an existing SD Card in your vehicle in order to purchase a map update. If you do not have a SD Card currently in your vehicle you can purchase one from your local Nissan dealer." , what dose that mean , the new updated SD card will not works without the old stolen SD card ? or just they mean that i cant purchase the new updated SD card without the old one because of confirmation code ?

any ideas ? did any one replace an updated SD with the old one and the screen works normally , my problem is that iam not inside US , iam very far away , i need that card because of i have no Radio , no zeroemision screen , no anything on the screen , i dont care about the maps , it will not works anyway .

iam looking for your replays .

thanks all

Amund said:
I had a lost SD-card in a car imported from US to Europe. It was damaged.
I got a new card from Chris Cantrell at courtesyparts.com.
In august the price was U$D350.
The username in the email-address of Chris is: ccantrell
You have to provide him set, serial number and vin.

When you get the working card, my advice is to read the confirmation code, and take care of it. With this number, you can get a new card for cheaper price, the next time the card is lost.

My guess is that the EVSE and SD card are not stolen:
Most of the Leafs in US are leased out. Then they are sold at wholesale auctions to the dealers. Usually the auctions keep the SD-card and EVSE in the office, and they might be shipped separate from the car. The shipping company, and any dealer that buy the car, really has to make sure they get the EVSE and SD-card, and they have to make appointment for handover from the auction.
My advice is to ask the seller of the car, for the EVSE and the SD-card.
If you ship any Leaf from US, my advice is to use Oceania shipping: They take care of everything, and ship the SD-card and evse separate from the car. The SD-card might be shipped with the Title, or lost in any office.
If you manage to track the original evse, and you need 240V upgrade, you can send it to evseupgrade.com.

Thanks for replying, fortunately, I got the confirmation number from the old owner, are you sure that the updated SD Card will work without the original one?

micro0me said:
Thanks for replying, fortunately, I got the confirmation number from the old owner, are you sure that the updated SD Card will work without the original one?

I purchased a map update SD a couple of years ago. At that time (and I suspect
now) the old card was not needed, I simply replaced the old with the new, then
on power up the nav went through a load procedure.

Ok another thread for same issue. So some more info. I did not purchase
the update from Nissan, but from I believe NAVTEQ. I see the packing slip
says shipped from http://www.here.com and refers to navigation.com, the container
has both Nissan's, and NAVTEQ's name on it. I used the code to order, and
again did not need the old card for anything other than getting the code to
order the update card. While the container had a pamphlet giving detailed
instructions on inserting the card, the back of the container had a line:
"Instructions:
Simply insert the SD card into your navigation system and begin driving."
Which leaves out that you have to wait for a load procedure to complete.
I purchased in September 2014, and this was for a 2012 LEAF.

cliff said:
micro0me said:

I purchased a map update SD a couple of years ago. At that time (and I suspect
now) the old card was not needed, I simply replaced the old with the new, then
on power up the nav went through a load procedure.

so you think i will not work now ? thats mean buying the new updated SD will not open the screen to use the Radio ad every thing else !

cliff said:
Ok another thread for same issue. So some more info. I did not purchase
the update from Nissan, but from I believe NAVTEQ. I see the packing slip
says shipped from http://www.here.com and refers to navigation.com, the container
has both Nissan's, and NAVTEQ's name on it. I used the code to order, and
again did not need the old card for anything other than getting the code to
order the update card. While the container had a pamphlet giving detailed
instructions on inserting the card, the back of the container had a line:
"Instructions:
Simply insert the SD card into your navigation system and begin driving."
Which leaves out that you have to wait for a load procedure to complete.
I purchased in September 2014, and this was for a 2012 LEAF.

Thanks for replying, that's mean ordering the new updated SD Card will solve my problem, I hope someone tried the 2016 update will confirm that.

Back