Battery issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmeitz

My buddy at work has 61k on his 2012 leaf. Battery has lost 4 bars. He spoke to Nissan and they told him he is out of warranty by 1k miles. Any suggestion on how to get his battery issue resolved?

Unless he can document, with dealer records, that the car had 8 bars before it hit 60k miles, he is out of luck. Nissan is being very hard-nosed about the warranty requirements.

Buy a fresh battery when it becomes too unbearable, other than that...

You can try small claims, I think there is at least one person who eluded to some success going that direction but they were coy. Perhaps there was an NDA involved...

100,000 is only for the newer leafs, 2013 down was 60,ooo km for the end of battery warranty, so he is screwed 81 ways to sunday being that far over! Hell they flat out denied one member at being a mere two over (I think after some fighting and letter writing they finally caved and did it)

Not so in Ireland. AFAIK I've 100000km or 5 years on my 2012 one. But I haven't had to call on it yet so here's hoping!

johnleaf said:
Not so in Ireland. AFAIK I've 100000km or 5 years on my 2012 one. But I haven't had to call on it yet so here's hoping!

well ye be lucky sodding basterds on that one then my friend! here we get bent over the barrel it would seem, but My luck the battery is still at a nice 65AH at summer and reads 66.35Ah winter on my 2013 at 48,000Km so far, I charge it to 100% 2 times per 24h period, but I wait for the battery to be at ambient when charging at sumer.

Back