dealer rec for north east bay area CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrorob

Does anyone have a recommendation for an "honest" nissan dealer to do warranty service on a 2011 leaf? anywhere in the east bay would be OK.

I understand the "grabby brake" problem has no real solution, but our car definitely has this problem. the car also has the "clicking front axle" problem. when I took it to a nearby dealer they were very unhelpful despite the fact that i pointed them to the TSB regarding front axle grease. They claimed to have fixed it but it clicked right away as we left the service dept. needless to say I don't want to waste my time with that dealer again. Our warranty is almost up, so there's not a lot of time to mess around :)

I'm looking for a place that has experience with leafs, in the hopes that they can recognize at least the clicking axle problem and attempt to fix it.

As an aside, is there a particular Ah reading from LeafSpy that indicates the battery is eligible for replacement? i'm somewhat confused as i've seen a couple of people talk about ~50 Ah as a threshold (i am at 51) but on the other hand i've only lost one capacity bar. if i understand it, the only "real" criterion for battery replacement is having lost 4 bars, but i'm curious.

thanks - rob

thanks - i guess then i'm pretty far from needing a new battery. only thing i can say is that there seem to be a lot of imbalanced cells when the car is underway, but maybe this is normal.

rob

Grabby braking is solved as follows:
Push the brake pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there for maybe 10 seconds.
Done.

I read somewhere on this forum that the computer gets confused when you've done a lot of gentle braking, and misreads gentle braking as a need for 'real' braking. So apparently when you hold the brake pedal all the way down for a while it resets things.

This method has worked great for me.

Back