ABS on when fully stopped

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beng

Hello All, looking for some help with a sporadic problem I am experiencing with the brakes in my 2015 Leaf. On three occasions now after 8 months of ownership, I have had what feels like the ABS brakes engaging when comming to a slow stop and to continues to pulsate when at a complete stop. The brake pedal vibrates and the car lurches forward in small increments. I've been able to rectify the issue by placing the car in park and then back to drive. Now last Friday I had the recall to reprogram the electronic brake booster done, didn't drive the car all weekend, and on my way to work today the ABS issue appeared three times in one day. I'm going to take the car to the dealer ship tomorrow on the way into work, but don't expect they will do much. So... what I was hoping for was to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with their ABS, if it was fixed and if so how.

Thanks

So I called the dealer today on the way to work and they didn't have time to look at it today which kind of worked out in that I had time to try to reproduce the problem more consistently. Was mildly successful recreating the issue finding that the abs would come on while mildly braking and running over a bump. Guess I'll see what the dealer can find tomorrow.

Took the vehicle to the Dealer today and they told me that it was a known issue where after this recall is performed it may be necessary to clear the keep alive memory by completing a battery hard reset. Well... it didn't work. I picked up the car after work and got less than half block before the abs came on. I was driving very slow (< 10KM/h) on a flat road and the abs stayed on even when the car was at a complete stop. The brake pedal was juddering like it would normally when coming to an emergency stop. I'm beginning to really regret getting this recall performed.

Another update on this issue. After taking the car back to the dealer, they worked with Nissan's Tech line. The diagnosis was that it was not the ABS and that they needed to replace the "Intelligent Brake Controller". The part was ordered in and replaced. Apparently this is the controller that was upgraded as part of the recall as they indicated that "New unit had old version of e-act software and so they updated the software. Nope that was not it, dealer found the problem persisted so they then replaced the "ABS Controller" and told me it was all fixed. Well, not quite. As I drove out of the dealerships lot, the brake pedal did its juddering thing again. So its back to the dealership tomorrow morning again.

Truth be told, the dealership has been pretty good, making sure I have a courtesy car for the 5+ days that they've had the Leaf. But this is getting annoying. They tell me its not a safety issue, but today coming to a T-Junction I came to a full stop, started to release the brake and the Judder kicked in. Then the car leaped forward even as I was pressing the brake pedal down further, so I am really questioning what the heck is going on.

I managed to get a good recording of the event and posted to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5PjRBmEXHc

Back