Climate Control Timer not activating (2015 SV)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoobeeDude

Now that the temperatures have turned colder, I've been trying to get my car to automatically pre-heat in the AM. Since I generally only charge at work, the car is rarely connected to power (EVSE) when parked at home (in my garage).

I've set the timer for my scheduled departure time, and I've made sure to give the Climate Control timer priority in the setup menu (on screen in the SV). I've double checked all the settings and I do see the indicator light that tells me the timer is set.

Yet it has not yet gone on for me. I've even checked five and ten minutes before the scheduled "departure time" to see if it's coming on (and quickly shutting off), but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Some threads here have indicated that the climate control timer won't work if you are not attached to external power. But the manual says otherwise:
• While the battery is being charged, the Climate
Ctrl. Timer cannot be operated until the Li-ion
battery available charge gauge reached the full
mark. When the battery is not being charged,
the Climate Ctrl. Timer can be operated, even if
the Li-ion battery available charge gauge has
not reached the full mark

A little further on in the same section of the manual it says this:
• When the climate control is set as the first
priority, the climate control system will be turned
on as scheduled by the Climate Ctrl. Timer
regardless of the remaining battery energy.

Anyone else using the timer when not plugged in??

The purpose is to pre-condition the car using the grid and not the battery. While it works as you describe it still needs to plugged in to utilize grid power.

Yeah... I get the intent. But obviously, they don't impose this restriction on the remote climate control start. And te manual (quoted above) is a bit ambiguous on this point, so I was hoping there was something I was missing.

I guess what you're saying is that I have to plug in the car (at home), and set the charging timer to keep it from charging (because I don't need to suck down my own power when I charge free at work), and then see if it works. If there's any other way to stop the car from charging, let me know.

Plus I also need to make sure that timer doesn't interfere with my charging at work.

So I guess I set a timer to stop charging at 5 PM

Sort of a pain.

Yea it should offer more control for someone in your situation. I'm not sure if you'll have a problem on the other end, charging at work, with the work around you propose. Worth a shot.

Back