2013 Leaf SV: SiriusXM no NavTraffic available?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpmetz

Hi all,

for some undisclosed reason I actually like the NavTraffic information showing up in our 2015 Leaf.
So I now added SiriusXM to my 2013 Leaf, and today wanted to also add NavTraffic.

The operator refused to add it, because based on
http://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability
the 2013 is only compatible with Audio. The 2014 as well. The 2015 finally shows compatibility to NavTraffic.

Does anyone know what's happening? Is this just a mistake on SiriusXM side, or is something broken with non-2015 models? Was someone recently able to enable NavTraffic?

Cheers,
Philip.

I had NAV Traffic on my 2011. The first time I renewed it after the free trial, I had to question the customer service representative because he/she said I could only get audio. I pointed out that I already had the traffic displays during the trial and just wanted to continue the service. It took a few minutes for the representative to figure out how to include it with my subscription. As far as I know, there is no difference in the XM and traffic capabilities for the various years of SV and SL models. My 2015 seems to be the same as the 2011 had--even the GPS maps on the 2015 are as out of date as the 2011 maps. If you want to add NAV Traffic to the 2013, I suggest you call SiriusXM back and ask enough questions until you get what you want.

Gerry

P.S. After posting my reply, I followed the link in the original post and it lists audio only. By clicking on other links on the SiriusXM site related to traffic, I was able to select year, make, and model and then check a box that indicated vehicle is equipped with factory navigation system. It then offered appropriate feature and pricing plans.

That doesn't make any sense to me either. I remember having traffic via XM during the free XM trial on my original '13 Leaf SV (w/premium and QC + LED packages).

I never bothered to continue it though, but eventually got deals on XM Radio (audio only), thanks to info from RonDawg.

Back