NissanConnect EV Users Manual?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiveman

Anyone know if there are any instructions on how to use the iPhone app?

For example, it seems convinced that I'm in Kuala Lumpur although I'm actually on the west coast of the US (timezone). [Edit] Actually, I just noticed that it thinks I'm in another universe. It thinks the time is Nov 6 at 3:04 AM. There's no place on earth where that time exists any longer. When I refresh it updates the time, but still to an impossible time. Nissan has discovered time travel.

Under Time Needed for Charge Completion it shows 2:00. I would assume this means how much longer is needed, except that this number never changes.

Just in general it seems pretty flakey - probably 2/3 of the time "The service cannot be provided." I gather that's the universal experience from reading some of the other comments. Anyone know if Nissan is working on improving the app?

As a relative newbie, I spent several hours listening to tunes trying ti get that damn time thing to work properly.
For some unknown (yet) reason, there is a 5 hour offset. at the time of this posts penning, it's 11:30 A PST, Carwings reports with correct date, but 6:30 A! 5 hours off, really??? OK, I am on a treadmill, wait that's GMT time, it's currently 6:39:05 ZULU... OK, to make it work, dial in -8 (no DST) hrs offset??? Set the car to ZULU time, offset -8 hrs? Something to try....

Not even the website works right. I currently have 100% charge AND it will take 40 minutes to complete the charge. Both of those things can't be true.

The time zone issue is a bug that assumes your local time is GMT and then corrects that time to what it thinks is local. Consequently the further west you are in US, the greater the error.

Yes, this app is NOT an upgrade by any means. . . It seems to need to update every time you do anything and of course takes twice the time to do so. Not a good move Nissan. Needs to be fixed up.

Back