Dent my wheel, pls help

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wongfeihong187

Hi everyone,

I ran over a curb on my wife's 2014 Leaf S, and now the steel wheel is bent. The tire is not leaking any air, but I've been told to get it repaired or replaced. Repair shops are quoting me over $135 to repair the steel rim, and it'll take a couple days (3-5 days). Is there an OEM or comparable one I can purchase? If so where can I find one under $100 delivered? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

You could google a little more to be sure, but this one is $60 on Amazon with free shipping, and is supposed to fit the leaf. Not sure if it will look the same. http://smile.amazon.com/Pacer-Modular-5x4-25-Partnumber-83B-66514/dp/B00C6E7RH2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1442514165&vehicle=2013-67-16223-247--18-6-5-19536-3131-1-1-3623--5-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2013%3Anissan%3Aleaf
***Edit: Never mind that link, says it will not work with hubcaps/covers***

Another, maybe easier/cheaper method would be to call local tire stores or a dealer for a take-off. It is probably a pretty common wheel. It is 16x6.5, but not sure of offset or lug pattern/size.

Anything < $200 is cheap. You're lucky you didn't do more damage...unless you haven't checked alignment on the car. Depending on how hard you hit the curb, it could easily be a $1000+ repair.

Tire Rack is selling a steelie for the Leaf S for $60 + tax and shipping: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Leaf&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=S and on the left hand side click on "Basic Steel."

TR sells steel rims for many cars for winter tire applications so you don't have to stand in line at the tire shop twice a year if you know how to change your own tires. No indication about whether or not this will fit the factory wheel cover but you can always call them and ask.

Thank you all for your help. It turns out that I don't need a new rim. I took it over to Discount Tires and they said the dent is just cosmetic and that as long as air is not leaking, I don't need to replace or repair it. Thanks all who helped. :p

Back