36,495 miles and the brake warning light came on.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Of course you hit 36k and the warranty goes away. That's when you get the brake warning light. I checked the brake fluid and it was fine. The regen is still working so that's good. I had the brake control module replaced at 2k. I'm going to have to look it over this weekend but I figured I would throw this out there and see if anyone has any other ideas before I break down and give a dealer all of my money.

I believe there's some grace period after warranty expiration. I suggest calling your preferred dealer and having a discussion with the service manager.

I have to have it diagnosed first so goodbye money before I even know what the problem is. Since the dealer can't take me until monday I'll go over the thing and hope it's something simple. Right now other than the light I don't see or hear anything wrong with it. So I may just have to drive it broken for a while.

Last night the light turn off and everything is good again. So go figure. I'm just going to hope it doesn't act up again.

If the light was on and then went off, it is possible that you have/had a loose or dirty connection to one of the ABS wheel sensors, or some muck got into the air gap for the wheel speed sensor. Was it recently rainy or have you driven through any mud? Might be worth it to run through a car wash and make sure the inside of the wheels is clean. If you are comfortable poking around your own vehicle, you might get underneath and check the connections are clean and tight, nothing frayed, no debris, etc.

jms said:
Nope 36k is a hard limit

I had work done under warranty at about 37k. Depends on a dealer. They don't care how they get paid, if you're not much over they can just underreport the mileage to Nissan I think.

Valdemar said:
jms said:
Nope 36k is a hard limit

I had work done under warranty at about 37k. Depends on a dealer. They don't care how they get paid, if you're not much over they can just underreport the mileage to Nissan I think.
They can get an exception (customer service granted me one based on my in service date verses delivery date that left me ineligible by about 6 days)... Also, given you had work done earlier on the brake system, it strengthens your argument considerably... Worth presenting in a reasonable fashion, and for that matter, documenting the last incident and, speculating on this, getting the dealer to pull codes to see if anything shows up... That is what I would do... Good luck.

That sucks. My Sonata hit 60K (bought used, no 100K warranty) on a Monday, and wouldn't start on Wednesday. Turned out to just be the starter, but still, pretty annoying.

My 2012 started lighting the ABS warning a few weeks ago. At first I could just turn the car off and back on it would stay off. Last week it came on 5 times in one day so I read the code and it said RR RH Sensor (C1101). I bought the car last April as a CPO so in hopes it would be covered, I took it to the dealer. They did their on diagnosis, and said it's not covered and the wheel sensor on the right rear needs replacing and the bill to do that is $478 before tax. Ouch....I used to do all my own repairs but now it's hard for me to get down and back up. I read the procedure for testing the sensor and replacing it and I don't have all the test equipment to properly test the sensor. I guess I'll just have to let them do this one and bite the bullet with hopes it wasn't just dirty or loose. I see Autozone sells the sensor for $215 but not sure how much Nissan is going to charge for just the part as it is included in that quote and I won't be picking the car up until it's done later today. Checking on line, I see other shops in my area quote $315 to replace the sensor so it must be a dealer premium I get to pay. If another one goes out, I'll probably try to check the connector myself first and take it to a different shop if it needs replacing since the CPO didn't help me in this case anyway.

Back