Part # 295B0-3NF9D is the "lizard" pack?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuri

Topic pretty much says it all. I got a quote for a new pack, but I want to know if that part number is the right one.

Thanks!

kuri said:
Topic pretty much says it all. I got a quote for a new pack, but I want to know if that part number is the right one.

Thanks!

Yes, BUT it's not the latest revision (though we don't know what those revision numbers relate to, or if they're relevant at all). The latest confirmed revision is 295B0-3NF9E.

Edit: Going to backtrack and say the latest revision is the E. Thought TomT had mentioned he got the F revision, but I can't find any reference to it. Perhaps if he sees this thread, he'll comment otherwise?

Yep, my invoice definitely says F...

mwalsh said:
Edit: Going to backtrack and say the latest revision is the E. Thought TomT had mentioned he got the F revision, but I can't find any reference to it. Perhaps if he sees this thread, he'll comment otherwise?

What is the difference between the 295B0-3NF9D, 295B0-3NF9E, and the 295B0-3NF9F? Yesterday I just picked up my 2013 Leaf from the dealer with a new 295B0-3NF9D on warranty capacity loss replacement. If 295B0-3NF9E is the latest, why are they still putting in 295B0-3NF9D's? It took 4 weeks to get this battery in. I thought it would be fresh.

Mine was replaced 12/18/14 and it was a lizard ending in 3NF9E. But... the sad part is that they are not holding up better than the original in Arizona. I believe they will only hold up the same length of time as your original battery did in the climate that you reside. For me it's 3.5 years unless I develop cooling for it. My 12 month/ 12,000 mile warranty just expired but I technically have till 6/11/16 when original battery capacity warranty expires. I am tracking to have a 1 bar loss at that future date.

Hi. I'm pretty sure that as of late 2015, both 295B0-3NF9D and 295B0-3NF9E are the current part numbers for the latest full replacement battery pack as an upgrade for the 2011/2012 cars. The difference between D and E is simply whether or not it contains a heater. Supposedly D has the heater and E does not. I suppose you could put the heater variant in a climate that didn't need it and it would just never turn on. I haven't heard of an F variant and can't find any reference to this either. Could it be a typo on the invoice?

kuri said:
6100 and change after the brackets, tax, and labor.

I think I saw ~$6500 on mine before they printed the invoice (and deleted all the $$). I have the "E" version, which does not have the battery heater.

Anyone knows if the 295B0-3NF9D/E is the same part that new 2015 (and possibly 2016 S) Leafs get, or it is a special retrofit battery version designed specifically for installation into 11/12 cars?

Valdemar said:
Anyone knows if the 295B0-3NF9D/E is the same part that new 2015 (and possibly 2016 S) Leafs get, or it is a special retrofit battery version designed specifically for installation into 11/12 cars?
D with the heater is most likely the same.
Based on adapter kits to install it and the final class action settlement requiring latest technology for class members.

E is unique with no heater.
But not installing heater and possible change of electric adapter kit is likely the only difference.
The only cars it is for are 2011 before they added cold weather package very late in 2011 model year.

TimLee said:
Valdemar said:
Based on adapter kits to install it and the final class action settlement requiring latest technology for class members.

Sure, the enclosure and modules are new tech, but what about the BMS? Is it the same hw/fw that newer Leafs get? I think I still see 4 temp sensors in LeafSpy after a new pack was installed, don't newer batteries use only 3?

Valdemar said:
TimLee said:
Valdemar said:

Sure, the enclosure and modules are new tech, but what about the BMS? Is it the same hw/fw that newer Leafs get? I think I still see 4 temp sensors in LeafSpy after a new pack was installed, don't newer batteries use only 3?
Yes, 2013 forward only have 3 temperature sensors.
And I think some 2011 replacement packs have been reported to still have four sensors.
So D and E may both be special retrofit packs.

Back