Signet FC50K DC Fast Charge unit returns errors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInAvl

After a couple of successful charges, one of the new Signet FC50K units now returns error codes when I try to charge. They are:

32 - "Vehicle error (other)" and
34 - "Vehicle voltage error (after charging)"

The yellow EV system light comes on in the LEAF, but clears after turning the car off and back on.

I'll be going in for the one-year service next week and will see what the dealer says...

This can be caused by removing the plug before the QC and car have finished communicating. If so, waiting until the light on the plug turns off will avoid this. Hope it as simple as that.

Sometimes happens on L2 as well, if you remove the plug too fast.

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately this happens with the plug still inserted. The one on this unit doesn't have a locking handle, but we plugged it in firmly.

I should have mentioned that the charging begins but only lasts for five seconds before it stops and the codes appear.

DaveInAvl said:
Thanks for the reply - unfortunately this happens with the plug still inserted. The one on this unit doesn't have a locking handle, but we plugged it in firmly.
Do you have a picture or video of this handle?

cwerdna said:
Do you have a picture or video of this handle?
When I went to get a pic I discovered a little clip on the top which engages a notch in the QC socket in the LEAF. The handle is a Yazaki 73FD-1C01 and docs are available online.

I also tried charging again and it worked this time. :?: Clearly I need to gather more data :D

Back