Bluetooth android problem with Samsung S5

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lipcius

Hi everyone,

I have problems with Samsung galaxy s5 on bluetooth. I can pair it, copy address entries. However I cannot make a call or answer with car system. Trying to make a call from navigation unit gives unable to make a call error, while trying to dial from the telephone itself, the call is not transfered to the car system. Meanwhile the bluetooth icon on the phone shows that the phone is connected to the car.

The weird thing with this is with my wife's Galaxy S4 none of this is happening. It Works perfectly on Leaf.

I think it might have someting to do with bluetooth version itself (however my galaxy s5 Works perfectly on my other car's bluetooth (Hyundai i40).

I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Another related question - can I update the navigation unit myself, or only the dealer can do it?

My Hyundai i40 can be updated by user through USB, and that worked perfectly well everytime.

I would think that is something only the dealer could do.. I know each time they have to flash firmware of any type on my Leaf it usually takes a minimum of an hour or so, and they have to reboot it a few times and do all kinds of crazy stuff. A lot of the cars processes are actually controlled through the head unit so I wouldn't think that is something we would have access to update, and even if we did I don't know if I would be willing to try it.

I do know that as Bluetooth standards evolve that cars usually aren't as fast to keep up. I know on my Chevy Cruze there is a long thread about people updated the actual Bluetooth modules in the cars to newer ones that have the processing capabilities for new Bluetooth standards.. That solved a lot of the issues for those guys. Cause a lot of them got the updated firmware for the Chevy Mylink but still didn't fix the streaming issues.. So I would look in to the module itself as there are different antenna's and such that might be the culprit.

FWIW, my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint) connects fine with my 2011 Leaf. My guess is that a firmware update from the dealer will solve your issue.

LittleChap said:
FWIW, my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint) connects fine with my 2011 Leaf. My guess is that a firmware update from the dealer will solve your issue.

Thanks for your answers.

Do you have the latest androind 5.0 version on your S5? When did you last updated your Leaf at the dealer?

Galaxy s4 and my Galaxy tab have lesser android version and work fine with Leaf 2013. I wonder if it's connected more to the phone or to android version.

The Infotainment system can only be updated via a SD card. The last update I had was way back in 2012 to solve the problem of the Telematics getting hung offline and to correct the Carwings efficiency error... I've had a S3 and a S5, the latter up through Android version 5, and all worked fine.

lipcius said:
Do you have the latest androind 5.0 version on your S5? When did you last updated your Leaf at the dealer?

Seems it's a problem with my telephone. I tried another S5 - without any problem. However it's very strange, since my S5 connects to another car, a headset without any problems. Just when I connect it to Leaf, the call doesn't transfer to the car's audio system. Tried even to factory reset the phone with no luck.

Pitty, will have to use the earpiece, which I do not like at all.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Back