2015 ev system warning after accident and repair

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memphisleaf

I was in a front end collision with my 2 month old leaf. It ended up at the body shop for 3 weeks for repair. They called and said that it was all fixed and that they had taken it to a dealer to reset the airbag light and get it all checked out. When I picked it up I noticed that the yellow ev system warning light was on. It operates perfectly. The body shop said they didn't know if the light had been on before I picked it up. I called the service tech at the dealer that they had taken it to and he said that the light would probably go away after a full charge. It hasn't. I called him back but it was his day off. I tried to reset it by detaching the negative in the 12v battery but the light remains on. Ideas? Thanks!

Thanks mwalsh. I've seen that referenced elsewhere. Do I need to have the carwings option for lead spy to work? Or any other equipment?

Personally, I'd let the dealer look at it. There's always the possibility that accident damage has gone undetected (the body shop wouldn't be able to tell for sure). With the car under warranty, getting it taken care of now will ensure that either the Nissan warranty, or the accident insurance will cover the repair.

Memphisleaf said:
Thanks mwalsh. I've seen that referenced elsewhere. Do I need to have the carwings option for lead spy to work? Or any other equipment?
You need an Android device (phone or ?) with bluetooth and a bluetooth OBD2 adapter.
(There is an iPhone version in testing)

I got my Bluetooth ODB2 from ebay for something under $10.
Leaf Spy Pro (Pro is needed for codes?? Can't remember) isn't too spendy either, and it's great to have for battery info..

Definietly worth having the above..

That being said, I'd still take it to the dealer too..

desiv

Back