Carwings can't turn on climate control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

I have a 2013 SV Leaf. This problem just started happening and is consistent now.

When I use the cell phone to turn on the heat, it displays two choices: Set Timer or Turn Off Climate Control But the climate control is off and I want to turn it on.

I tried restarting the phone, restarting the car, updating the phone status. I even tried pushing Turn Off Climate Control. Nothing helps.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Bob

Hmm...that does happen to me, but it always works the way you've already tried - by turning the climate to off in the app first (even though the climate is actually already off in the car) and then sending another "turn on" request.

When you send the "turn off" request, do you get an acknowledgement in the app that either a) the request has been sent or b) the request processed successfully?

Is the car plugged in?
What happens if you set a timer? That might work, except you have to wait 5 minutes.
I had something like that a while ago and it went away. Assumed it was on CarWings end.

Problem solved.

One person here suggested that I use the cell phone to turn off the climate control (even though it was off) and then try turning it on. That didn't work.

I called Nissan and asked them for advice. Bryan told me to uninstall Nissan Leaf from my phone, reboot the phone, reinstall Nissan Leaf, re-enter my account/password, and try it again, and it will surely work. He said that the root cause is that various upgrades of the OS and apps changed something in the phone and a reload would bring it back to normal.

I did this, and tried again. As before, the phone came back with "Turn Off Climate Control". So I selected that option. Then I went back to the app, and the option came up "Turn On Climate Contro". When I did this, it started the heat correctly. Yay!

I've since rebooted the phone, driven the car, charged the car, and rerun the Nissan Leaf app, and it now starts-up showing "Turn On Climate Control". Yay! Problem solved.

Thank you Bryan.

Bob

Back