UPDATE: 2011 Leaf-VSC Warning light came on-stays on

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

So...when I powered up yesterday (car was stationary in the garqage), the VSC Warning light came on and stayed on (steady). I read the owner's manual again---no help there, except to "take it to the dealer". I drove the car, with no problems. I shut down and powered up again, no change. I disconnected and re-connected the 12V battery, no change. The 12V battery shows 14.2 Volts. I manually disabled/enabled VSC (switch on the dash), no change. When I manually disable VSC, the warning light stays lit. Everything on the car (brakes, etc) works just fine. I guess I'll just leave it disabled and drive it the way it is, eh?

Suggestions?

Might go away by itself. Had that last winter after plowing through a snow berm. It went away. Think it was a sensor in the wheel. Speed sensor or yaw sensor, something like that. Never came back on.

I just went through this. It was the "steering position sensor" out of adjustment, easy fix at the dealer. The technician showed me some printout; I noticed the procedure called for checking for damage. Could be if you run over something it knocks out of whack.

It might also be one of your wheel sensors for the abs brakes. The stability system is built on top of the abs system. Try forcing the abs to kick in to see if it is working.

There are other sensors, too, that the stability control system uses to control skids.

I would say that it's going to take a visit to a dealership to have them diagnose and repair, unless you know someone who has a tool to read the failure code and tell you where the fault is.

Good luck,
Bill

Back