2012 Leaf AC\HEAT cabin fan motor (aka blower) not spinning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmobob

Hi all,

I've had no need to turn on the heater on my 2012 leaf this year since the winter started until today, I pick up my mother at her house to do some turkey day shopping, she complains it's cold so I press the auto button set to 72f, drive on normal not eco. On our way 15 minutes go by and she asks again why is still cold, I look down at the power usage and the climate control is drawing around 2.5-3kw but the fan is not running at all, I press the windshield defrost button and still no air- usually the cabin fan automatically would go full blast, I turn the fan level all the way up and I see the indicator on the screen, but still nothing. I do hear the front condenser \ ac under the hood on. Has this happened to anyone? I did check all the fuses and all check out good. Car has 25,943 miles. I'm planning on dropping it off at the dealer first thing tomorrow.

I know of two cases where the climate control fan was replaced after failing on 2011 cars. Should be under warranty unless you have more than 30k miles.

Back