Nissan Emblem Paint Chipping

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electriccarfan

Today, I went to plug-in my Leaf and I noticed that my Blue Nissan badge/emblem is chipping around the top of it along the edge. It's as it they painted Blue on top of Silver and now the Blue is chipping and the Silver is showing through. Eventually over time, the entire thing will be Silver.

I got my Leaf in May 2014 (3 year Lease), would this be under warranty as defective paint? I could ignore it and maybe they won't notice it when I return the car in 2017. But, then again the logo/emblem may be entirely Silver by then and so they might notice even more. If I point it out and it turns out to not be covered by warranty, they may think I caused it (which of course I didn't). Then they'd have it on file and automatically get me at the end of lease. It's possible it could have been chipping for a little while now, I only noticed it today because I just so happened to be looking at the logo/emblem after pluging it in. I'm not sure what to do here. I never knew the quality of the Leaf is this lousy.

The logo is just held on by a rubbery adhesive. Show them the defect and they'll probably pop it off and pop on a new one although you might have to wait for them to order one.

Back