alarm came from engine

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikealanni

This is my fourth day using nissan leaf it's nice so far. But this morning I unplug the power and started my car then I changed the gear to reverse then a low volume alarm beefing from the engine side. But when changed it to drive that alarm went away. Any idea what is that because I never heard it before and nothing in the dash board saying anything.

Mike

RTFM!

mikealanni said:
This is my fourth day using nissan leaf it's nice so far. But this morning I unplug the power and started my car then I changed the gear to reverse then a low volume alarm beefing from the engine side. But when changed it to drive that alarm went away. Any idea what is that because I never heard it before and nothing in the dash board saying anything.

Yes I use reverse for sure but never heard this sound. And why they have the reverse alarm this annoying and barely heared. Is there a way to turn it off?

About RTFM man if all read the manual.. We will be in perfect world and no need for forums though just for crazy questions ;)

On the 2011 cars, yes. On later cars, it requires a mod. It is well documented on this forum.

mikealanni said:
Yes I use reverse for sure but never heard this sound. And why they have the reverse alarm this annoying and barely heared. Is there a way to turn it off?

TomT said:
On the 2011 and 2012 cars, yes. On later cars, it requires a mod. It is well documented on this forum.
Only on the 2011s. There is no off button for the VSP on 2012s.
mikealanni said:
Although the reverse beeper may not be very loud inside the car, with the windows up, it is loud enough to be audible to pedestrians, who otherwise wouldn't be able to hear the car at all.

I really like the backup beeper because it warns pedestrians when I back out of a parking space in crowded store parking lots. When I'm parked between two monstrous SUVs/trucks, as is usually the case here, I can't see the pedestrians approaching, nor can they see me.

Others here vehemently disagree about the utility of the reverse beeper.

Back