Bluetooth

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4blades

There is one thing about my Leaf that I find especially irritating. The Bluetooth system will not automatically pair with a new phone when we change drivers even though both our phones are registered in the Bluetooth data base. Am I missing something or is this a valid glitch in the system?

The car will only pair with one phone at a time. It is "set" to pair with its current phone regardless if it's bluetooth is on or not. If you want to pair the phone of the second driver you have to go to connected phones and select that other phone. If you want to switch back, you need to do the same. The a car's bluetooth isn't smart enough to auto detect which bluetooth is active and available and switch to that phone. it will ALWAYS try to connect to the last phone used, regardless if another registered phone is available and the previous one is not.

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like something Nissan might want to address in the future -( along with the steering wheel heat).

Back