Average energy economy never updates -- always at 4.0

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayblood

When I switch to the dash metric showing instant and average energy economy, the average never updates. It has been at 4.0 since I first bought my Leaf (about 1200 miles/1.5 months ago). Anyone else have a problem with this? I have a 2014 S with quick charge port.

Thanks,
Carl

cayblood said:
Didn't know it was possible. Is that in the menu options somewhere?
Took me a very long time to notice that it can be reset, too. The method is similar to the method for resetting the A or B trip odometer: just hold in the menu-mode-cycling button for an extended time after you get the "average energy economy" screen selected, and it'll reset. (this is for a 2012 SL; don't know what it'd be for an S-trim car).

Levenkay said:
cayblood said:
Didn't know it was possible. Is that in the menu options somewhere?
Took me a very long time to notice that it can be reset, too. The method is similar to the method for resetting the A or B trip odometer: just hold in the menu-mode-cycling button for an extended time after you get the "average energy economy" screen selected, and it'll reset. (this is for a 2012 SL; don't know what it'd be for an S-trim car).

For my 2013-S, I push the "menu cycle" button (top left of the four, has some sort of rectangle image on it) until I get to the screen with the average economy. I then push and hold the "dot" button (top right of the four, has a single dot on it) until it resets. Same method works for other screens (that have a "reset" concept) i.e. average speed (still haven't figured out the point of that one, btw).

Back