Leaf Spy - What am I looking at? what does this all mean?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

What exactly does all of this mean to me? ie how do I "read" this ?

Also why does it not charge to the same amount each time? it seems to vary quite wildly even though it always says 100% (on the dash)

The capacity seems to range from 18.9kW to 19.9kW

the highest gids I have seen is 257.

VDfiFv1l.png

Very good questions. Having just acquired my leafspy configuration, I went looking for documentation that would spell all this out and have yet to find it. Something more than a document stating "SOC stands for State of Charge" and perhaps explains what the implication is of all the battery pair voltages (I get that 'all the same' is better, but at what point do I get concerned? - is that all just pretty pictures because the data is available?).

As to the charge capacity (GIDS and/or kWh) at full charge changing - I've also noted this. I'm thinking it could be temperature related but not sure if it is temp during charging or after.

I have noticed that I get higher GIDs (highest was this morning at 284/22.0kWh, low of 277) after running the battery down more -i.e. a longer charge. From 10% yesterday yielded the current reading.

I hope someone jumps onto this thread with a link to comprehensive info :)

"Distance To Empty" IIRC.

There are already several topics on LeafSpy. Hopefully a Moderator will merge this topic into one of them. We DO need FAQs on several topics, but this site foolishly doesn't support them.

Thank you. Tell me, what is the parameter "Shunts 4812" on the scale? Why it can be changed?
Link to the screenshot below
http://s1.radikali.ru/uploads/2018/1/4/ec21c4747a74d49dca81ca67fb4dd6d9-full.png

I'm not an expert on LeafSpy, but if I remember correctly, there are two (or more?) ways of displaying the cell voltages and the differences between them. I cannot tell you the specific difference - I don't remember. The red lines represent cells being actively balanced (shunted) and the differences in height among the bars shows the differences in cell voltages. Wide variances indicate either a pack that needs to be fully charged and thus balanced more thoroughly, of in extreme cases, a pack with one or more weak or bad cells.

Again, there are several topics on this.

Back