Climate timer not working when unplugged

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorLeaf

Hi. I’m located in Europe and drive a 2014 Leaf with all possible equipment included (electric vehicle incentives). Earlier this year when I received the car, before summer time temperatures finally set in, I enjoyed a pre-heated Leaf every morning while driving to work. This is thanks to the climate timer which functioned perfectly then. I didn't plug in the car during night, so I only got 15 minutes of pre-heating using the climate control timer and was happy with that. When summer arrived I turned the timer of. Now, as autumn is here, I can’t get the climate timer to work again. I’ve selected climate timer priority, which allows the climate control to turn on as long as battery charge is above 15 %, but it will not work unless the car is plugged in. I have contacted Nissans customer service via chat, but they tell me to contact my local Nissan dealer for vehicle maintenance. Before I do that, I would like to know if anyone has experienced the same challenge with their Leaf? For info: Carwings remote functionality is working fine and I can use the Android app to remotely turn climate on in the morning, but I would like the automatic functionality to operate properly.

I just have the s. I know nothing about carwings.... but I don't think the basic climate control timer is supposed to work with it unplugged.

johnrhansen said:
I just have the s. I know nothing about carwings.... but I don't think the basic climate control timer is supposed to work with it unplugged.

I agree. This is what I have been told by other owners and the dealer. Objective is to save battery power for driving.

Back