Charging Station doesn't work on MY car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremiahleroy

I've got two charging stations outside of my office building and neither of the work on my car. When I plug in the charing station has a red flashing icon that looks like an exclamation point with a circle around it. This doesn't happen to any other car. I've seen other Leafs charging and one of my co-workers drives a Volt that charges fine. What could be the problem??

Not sure what other info is needed...It's an EATON Pow-R-Station. Wanted to post a pic but can't figure out how :(

I don't have an answer, but I have an EATON station that does the same thing to our Leaf. Then 2 hours later I see a volt or Tesla there charging just fine.

The Eaton stations in question might not have the firmware/board update. Contact the owner of the station to have them reach Eaton for support.
http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/Products...utions/Level2ChargingStation/index.htm#tabs-2
Gives instructions on firmware upgrade should you be able to convince station owners to update.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12099
There is a workaround that may get it to charge in a bind, but will trip out the EVSE after 10 repeats (according to Eaton). This isn't polite to the Volt drivers who count on the stations.

joewaters said:
There is a workaround that may get it to charge in a bind, but will trip out the EVSE after 10 repeats (according to Eaton). This isn't polite to the Volt drivers who count on the stations.

:evil: :evil: :evil: It's not like the Volt owner is going to get stranded :twisted: :twisted:

:evil: :evil: :evil: It's not like the Volt owner is going to get stranded :twisted: :twisted:
I hope I read a little humor in this, but...just in case:
I advise all to behave politely at a public EVSE, since we early adopters are ambassadors of the technology.
Most importantly, crashing the EVSE also precludes the '11 and '12 LEAF and iMiEV owners who can draw current from these stations.

Back