Auto Door Locking?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippy1982

Hi,

I'm having trouble turning on automatic door lock (so that the car locks as you drive away). I'm now wondering if this feature is available at all?!?!

I've looked around the Internet and read the instruction manual. It tells you to put the car into 'on' (pressing the start button twice without the foot on the brake), and then within 20 seconds hold down UNLOCK on the drivers door until the hazard lights flash on the dashboard. I've tried this (and also holding down LOCK) and nothing has worked.

I spoke to my dealership who then tried it on their Leaf's and again they couldn't get it to work. He said that the feature may have been discontinued but accidentally left in the manual.

Can anyone confirm please? Are you able to auto lock your doors? This is on the latest Leaf model (bought it brand new last weekend).

Thanks!
Matt

My doors auto-lock when I start moving in Drive (10mph?), so it's definitely still included, and I'm pretty sure it's the default mode. I don't think I'm going to try to turn it off, though, based on your difficulties. It may never turn back on!

I have an S. What model do you have?

Hmmm...that's annoying.

I'm from London so I have the Tekna model. I don't know what that translates to in the American model formats, but it's the top of the range one with leather seats etc...

I wonder if it's some weird European change/law? It certainly hasn't been there since I got it, but was on my previous Nissan Juke, which I got 2 years ago.

Matt

Back