Coolant Leak

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c1987

Fluid was leaking from the front under body while charging over the weekend. I suspect the charger cooling system has a leak. It immediately stopped leaking after I stopped charging. Oddly I have not seen it leaking since. Maybe the coolant all leaked out? :shock: Taking it in to the dealer for a diagnosis. Probably not covered by warranty. :cry:

any particular reason it would not be covered under warrant? (I am curious what is and is not covered for the most part)

I always smile at myself when I see fluid coming out from under my car when I think. "It can't be from my car... must have been from that filthy gas burner parked there before me!"

When it doubt, dab some up with a paper towel (or just use your finger) and examine the color and odor of the fluid. It's pretty easy to identify automotive juices based only on that.

=Smidge=

Sorry to bump this old thread, but mine is most definitely leaking coolant. I noticed some spots on the garage floor, while the cleanest coolant I have ever seen come from a car, still coolant.

Looking under the hood seems its been leaking for a while. Plus when charging or when the heater is on you can hear the air that has gotten into the system.

Has anyone done a system flush/fill here themselves? As with the original poster I fear 1. this will not be covered by the warranty and 2. that the price will be outrageous to replace a cracked hose.

Still sad that my THREE YEAR old car is having an issue my 10+ year old car hasn't had yet.

The cooling/heating system consists of some 20+ hoses and is fairly easy to dismantle.

Each hose part is not that expensive. You can use websites that sells Nissan parts to find a picture of the hose and part number.

Find out where the leak is. Drain the radiator. Replace the defective hose. To ease the work you should get hold of a hose clamp tool.

The electric water pump is one of the first components to check in addition to inspecting hose connections. It's unlikely a hose has failed at this age unless rubbing against something or was punctured.

Back