half charged something?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

The sat nav console screen unit has a battery bar (like a cell phone) on some screens

It is showing half charge. Sometimes less but never more than half.

What is that? Is there some other battery in the car besides the 12v and drive pack?

Or is that for the 12v?

Why does it never show full

This is a 2012 sv I just got 4 days ago 4800 miles. (Well 5200 now)

nerys said:
The sat nav console screen unit has a batter bar (like a cell phone) on some screens

It is show half. Sometimes less but never more than half.

What is that? Is there some other battery in the car besides the 12v and drive pack?

Or is that for the 12v?

Why does it never show fulthis is a 2012 sv I just got 4 days ago 4800 miles. (Well 5200 now)

Signal strength.

I see it too. It shows when a cell phone is connected, so I assume it's the cell battery level, even though it's usually wrong.

Maybe that thing also keeps the 12 volt battery charged. ;-)

Interesting idea. My phone was at 100% so it is either not that or its is hopelessly wrong :)

I only see it with the cell phone on in the car. I suspect that it just interprets the SOC of the phone differently: my phone is usually near, but not at, full, so one bar below full makes a certain sense.

It is an indication of the battery remaining on your phone. You can see this by turning off bluetooth on your phone after it is connected to the car; the indicator will go away.

It always seems to report one or two bars less than my phone actually has.

Back