Shifted to neutral while driving!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyleaf217

The car shifted to neutral while driving, I tried to shift it to drive, reverse and park but nothing happens, I even tried turning it off but nothing happened. So I went out of the car for a few then came back inside to turn it off, it did turn off this time. Good thing it turned back on I was able to reach my destination(Work).
The EV light warning has been turning on for the past few days, dealership said "It was a miscommunication between computers." so the technician just reboot the computer...but still it does that. Any opinion is appreciated.

Do you have anything (gidmeter, ELM, etc.) connected to the OBD port? Normally these have no impact, but if they misbehave they can interfere with normal communications.

kyleaf217 said:
dealership said "It was a miscommunication between computers." so the technician just reboot the computer...but still it does that. Any opinion is appreciated.

A "miscommunication" between computers to me means that one of the computers is flaking out, perhaps even dying. Don't let the dealer just pass this off as a software glitch, this is undoubtedly a hardware issue, and that computer failing at the wrong time could be VERY dangerous. Try to get the codes next time they read them. I would insist that they speak with someone at Nissan, identify the defective computer, and replace it.

Mine has gone to neutral on numerous occasions - but not so much lately. It all started about a year ago when my passengers nasty McDonalds's fake chocolate shake got spilled down into the shifter. The goo (just as thick when they're cold or hot) just keeps on keep'n on. I guess they really DO have a half life of 200 years.

Back