J1772A EVSE Won't Unlock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

I have a 2013 Leaf SV. This morning, I connected the Nissan 120V EVSE to the wall, then plugged it into the Leaf and switched on the dashboard EVSE lock, locked the car and went inside.

Hours later, charge completed, so I came to the car, unlocked the door, clicked off the EVSE lock (strange - it was quiet), and couldn't remove the J1772A plug from the Leaf. I pushed the thumb button a little harder and wiggled, but it acted like the J1772A lock was still on.

I went back to the cabin and checked that the switch was on unlock. It was, and the lock light was off. I switched back to lock and then to unlock, but it still didn't free the cable.

Next, I sat in the car, scratched my head (that must be the important part), put my foot on the brake pedal but didn't turn on the car, switched on the lock, and switched off the lock. This time, the J1772A unlocked with the typical click.

It's like the Leaf went to sleep on me and needed to wake up to respond to the dashboard switch motion.

Any thoughts?

Bob

If the lock is engaged, it can only be disengaged by pressing the button to open the charge hatch. Using the auto-lock switch will have no effect one it's locked.

Bob said:
put my foot on the brake pedal but didn't turn on the car, switched on the lock, and switched off the lock. This time, the J1772A unlocked with the typical click.

Bob
Happened to me once, check 12V battery. Also don't forget manual unlock with a screwdriver over the charge port under the hood if in an emergency.

Back